Monday, July 4, 2016

Summer Update #7

Replacement solar panels have arrived.  Due to the cell cracking issues on the original panels, the manufacturer has sent me 4 new ones free of charge.  I am concerned that the new ones may crack as well.  So I need to budget a bunch of time to beef up the mounting frame.  

Work has begun on the radiator for the AC unit. After some rough math I figured that a 2” radiator with ~150 square inches and about 300 CFM of airflow would be sufficient. Obviously I do not have a temp/pressure chart of the Webasto AC unit, so this is just a rough estimate.

After scoping out locations I decided on a 26x7” water to air intercooler radiator. I also selected a 7” radiator fan (supposedly 1000CFM, I don’t believe it).

To get any reasonable airflow a shroud is needed. I had some 0.25” LDPE left over from the gray tank which worked well.

I still need to make some mounting brackets and run the lines. The water pump is the same unit that is used in the chassis system for the AUX pump. This way I have a spare if needed. Figuring out how to fill and bleed the system will be interesting.

The aux fuel tank is coming along. I got all the welding finished on Sunday, and the tank test fitted. I have a pump and fittings on order. As you can see the tank hangs down a bit below the body.

At this point I need to pressure test the tank, paint the outside, and seal the inside. I also need to figure out how I am going to tap into the main tank. I might end up adding a bulkhead fitting, or welding a NPT fitting. Some insulation for the muffler side of the tank will need to be sourced. Mcmaster Carr probable has high temp reflective materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment